Friday, October 9, 2009

Pumpkin Muffins

The commissary finally had canned pumpkin today!! I bought a whole bunch for us and some of the other Americans here - you can't buy it in British supermarkets. They think we're really weird that we eat pumpkin from a can! Emmy and I made pumpkin muffins for snack this afternoon. They are delicious - I can't wait to eat them with clotted cream!!
Pumpkin Muffins

Ingredients:

1 stick butter
¾ cup brown sugar
1/3 cup molasses
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg
1 ¾ cups flour (1 cup white and ¾ cup whole wheat)
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
¾ cup dates or prunes

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line muffin tins with paper baking cups.
3. Cream the butter, brown sugar, and molasses until creamy.
4. Add the pumpkin and the egg and mix well.
5. Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
6. Add the dry ingredients and the dates or prunes to the mixture.
7. Beat just until the batter is smooth.
8. Spoon into muffin pans and top with raw sugar.
9. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
10. Remove from the oven and serve warm.

1 comment:

Matthew, Eve, Noah, Noelle, and Brooke said...

OH YUM I will be trying these. I love pumpkin, I love muffins, and I love that photo of them looking SO good! Thanks for posting!