Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Emmy's First Word

Emmy has been babbling a lot recently but yesterday she said her first word - duck! Not one that you would find in a pond but the character that she is holding from Word World. She has been saying it over and over - so proud of herself for figuring out how to communicate! I have a feeling that it won't be long until we won't be able to get a word in edgewise!

On another note - Aidan surprises me on a daily basis. Yesterday he wanted to play with playdoh after lunch which was fine because I was going to put Emmy down for a nap. After a few minutes I heard him get up from the table and go downstairs to the family room. I came down to the dining room and the table was clean - the playdoh was away and all the toys were in the playdoh bag, it was zipped and on the shelf. I thought - hmm...I must be losing it, I really thought I had let him play with playdoh. I found Aidan downstairs on the couch looking at a book. I asked him, "Did you clean up the playdoh?" He hesitated and said yes. I couldn't believe it. I didn't ask him to clean up - he did it all by himself! He then said, "Are you so proud of me?" Yes - all the time.

No comments: