Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a really nice, relaxing Memorial Day weekend. The weather here was beautiful - it was actually HOT today! Aidan got a new - bigger - bike this weekend. He had outgrown the one he got last summer just after Emmy was born. He has grown almost 6 inches this year - the old bike was way too small!We went to the pool today for the first time. Emmy really seemed to like it although the sunscreen I bought was evidently not waterproof nor tear free - despite it's claims to the contrary. I bought a different kind tonight - hopefully we won't have swollen eyes next time we go! We let Emmy have a long morning nap and went to the pool after lunch. Aidan ran around and "swam" for about 2 hours. He fell asleep in the car on the way home! We got home and he said "I'm so tired. I don't want to eat dinner - I just want to go to bed." Although he ate a big dinner, I thought he was going to fall asleep at the table. On the up side - both Aidan and Emmy were in bed at 7 pm!

No comments: