Saturday, August 18, 2012

Apple Picking FAIL

 You know those times when you think you have this GREAT IDEA but it ends up being about the worst idea you've even had?  Apple picking seems so innocent doesn't it?  I found an "orchard" about 45 minutes away from us (according to Google maps) and their facebook page said they had lots of apples to pick.  Last year we totally missed the apple picking season because it's so much earlier here than I'm used to.  I didn't want to miss it again AND I feel like I am in a time crunch in general because the baby should be here in about 4 weeks.  I convinced Brendan to go on Sunday afternoon and it took us 2 HOURS to get there - no joke.  The roads were like single track lanes in England - seriously scared that we were going to end up in a ditch.  Once we got there they weren't even really open.  I mean there were plenty of tiny apples - because of the drought - but they hadn't mowed the orchard (TICKS) and they weren't prepared at all to have people there.  I didn't get any pictures of the 10,000 kittens, ducks, peacock (!?) and chickens wandering around but the kids had a fantastic time playing with all the animals.  We stayed long enough to pick some apples but had to get back in the car for the 2 hour ride home - it was 5 pm by the time we left.  We had to stop for dinner on the way  home - chinese buffet - so all was not lost.  That will teach me!!





No comments: