Friday, November 29, 2013

Decorating the Tree

 Today we put up our tree!!  YAY!!!!!  Thanksgiving was so late this year and I just couldn't put it up before but we have been waiting and waiting to do it!!  I love having the tree up.  Sometimes I just sit in the living room with the lights off just enjoying the twinkle of the tree.  It really is the best time of the year!!  We used our fake tree that I got in 2010 when we had the bug fiasco.  It has one section of lights out but that was easily remedied with a $2 string of lights from Target.  A live tree is just one thing I cannot handle during deployment.  Not only the watering of it but the choosing, bringing home, setting up in the house and not having another adult to assist (or me to assist while Brendan does all the work).  The fake tree is easy and fun and goes up quickly with no mess or fuss.  I LOVE it!!



No comments: