Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015


Today is Thanksgiving and it seems so crazy that 2015 is almost over!  I feel like this year has gone by so quickly and I can't believe that we've been here a year and a half already!!  Tom, Tony, Shannon and Mike joined us for Thanksgiving today which was so much nicer than all of the Thanksgivings I have spent with just the kids while Brendan was deployed.  Not that I don't enjoy spending time with the kids - it's just really fun to be able to cook lots of food!!  (Click here for lots of past Thanksgiving pictures!!)
I don't even think that I got any pictures of the food - a shame after all of that work!!  We had turkey, stuffing, cranberry relish, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole (with sweet potatoes from our garden!!), salad with goat cheese and candied almonds and cranberry nut bread with pecan pie and cheesecake for dessert!!  It was a feast and we all probably won't eat for days!!  We also put all of the china, silver and crystal out - I love being able to use it all on special occasions and it reminds me of all of the people who gave it to us for our wedding.  It's something very special to have and be able to use!!!  Emmy and Aoife worked so hard and made beautiful hand turkey place cards for everyone - it was the PERFECT touch to our Thanksgiving table.  My children and husband are what I am most thankful for!!
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!  Now - on to Christmas!!





No comments: