Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Stepping Out of the Dark (Ages)

Today was a very exciting day for me. I have been living with this ovenfor a year and a half. I believe it is original to the house which was built in 1960. It had no interior light, no clock, no timer and the temperature controls were hit or miss. 350 meant anything between 200 and 425 depending on the mood of the oven. This isn't such a big deal for long cooking things like turkeys but spells death to cookies since some batches burned in 5 minutes and some batches just melted.

We were having a hard time getting our landlords to replace it. They didn't seem to think that it's inability to cook things properly was a good enough reason to get a new one so I might have told a small lie involving someone in the house getting shocked by the oven...

This new one was installed today!I baked my first batch of cookies and they all cooked perfectly and evenly - just in time for Christmas cookies! Watch out Martha - here I come!!

No comments: