Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Nashville Zoo

The kids and I had a great time at the Nashville Zoo today! Yesterday was a complete disaster - aside from it being my birthday - 33 ugh - it was just one of those days where everything that could go wrong did. I don't want to tell you about it and have to relive it so we'll just say that today was awesome! We got up early and drove to Nashville to be at the zoo right after it opened. It was so worth it - we were probably the 10th family in the door. It was the perfect temperature - 68 or so - and so much nicer than when we went in the summer. I do have to say that although the kids were great - it is nice to have another pair of adult hands on board and we all missed Brendan. I got a few pictures - not as many as I usually take - and Aoife's not in too many of them because she was strapped in the stroller for most of it. She's decided that it's a lot of fun to run away from me - she thinks it's a hysterical game!
Here are the kids outside the African Savannah -
Aoife was released from the stroller - she wanted to hold Emmy's hand and Emmy let her for once:
Aidan needed to get in on the fun too!
Watching the lemurs swing around:
The giraffe was standing right by the viewing area - it was HUGE!
Aidan and Emmy in front of the original farmhouse on the grounds of the Nashville Zoo:
Pink flamingos - everyone's favorite!
This guy's actually my favorite - I LOVE his fluffy tail!

1 comment:

Rains Family said...

I love the Farmhouse, what an awesome picture. I can't believe it has been so warm!!