Sunday, November 15, 2009

Bourton on the Water

Today I took the kids to Bourton on the Water. It's a town that bills itself as the "Venice of the Cotswolds". The Cotswolds is the area that we live it - famous for quaint villages. Don't think it was quite Venice but it was very cute and has a nice stream running through the middle with many bridges crossing over. We went with some friends and Brendan stayed home to work on a paper that is due this week. I'd like to say that the day was fun but it was HORRIBLE. Emmy's been a little under the weather since Tuesday and she still has a bit of a bug. She hadn't had any Tylenol since the early morning so she wasn't feeling great and showed that by crying hysterically pretty much the entire time - I mean sobbing, runny nose - the whole deal. Aidan decided to compound that my refusing to listen to anything I said and doing the exact opposite of what he was supposed to do. Aoife was perfect but my nerves were absolutely shot by the time we got home. I feel so badly for Joe and Dyann - they thought that we were all going to have a nice afternoon and instead they had to deal with the chaos that surrounded us. Needless to say - I did not get any pictures so here is one that I stole off of the internet.
It was beautiful and we will be going back closer to Christmas. They have a Christmas Tree in the middle of the river and I'm sure it will be gorgeous with lights and the reflection in the stream!

2 comments:

The Pohl Family said...

It's so cool that you have so many fun different things to explore in England. I enjoy seeing all the different sights through you! Now that Avery is getting bigger, I can definitely comiserate with you on having one of "those" days... And of course it happened on a day that Brendan was at home! LOL

Matthew, Eve, Noah, Noelle, and Brooke said...

it's gorgeous!! Hopefully you can go back and have a more relaxing time :)