Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Emmy is 7 months!

Emmy turned 7 months on Sunday. I know that I always say I can't believe how fast the time is going but really - 7 months? How is that possible? It doesn't seem like we brought her home from the hospital yesterday but it definitely seems like she turned 4 months old yesterday. I mean she is going to be crawling soon and then she'll be one. Why does it go so much faster with the second one? When Aidan was Emmy's age Brendan was in Iraq. He left when Aidan was 6 months old and came back just after his birthday. I guess Aidan and I were stuck with each other for 6 months so time went by pretty slowly and I got to soak in all the changes. Now I feel like I carry Emmy around on my hip chasing after Aidan and I barely get to pay attention to her. I hate to say it - but I almost like the middle of the night feeding - yes she is still getting up some nights around 3 - because it is the only time of the day when it's just me and her. Pretty soon that will be gone and I have to say I think I will miss it.

No comments: