Sunday, May 15, 2011

Nurse's Appreciation Cake

Emmy's preschool teacher asked me to make a cake for the nurses at the nursing home where her brother lives. I had a really hard time coming up with the design for it. Initially she told me that she wanted it to be nursing related and when I did a google search for nurse cakes I found cakes with band aids, syringes, blood, and prescription medication on them. These all made me want to throw up a little in my mouth - not exactly the reaction you want to something that is going to be eaten! I tried to think about the sentiment behind the cake and what she wanted to convey. I imagine that if I was thanking people for taking care of my family I would want them to know how much I respected them and loved them for what they were doing. My designs tend to be simple but I think this one is thoughtful as well. Here is what I came up with. I used the words care, hope, trust and love - I guess love made it onto the other sides! I hope they enjoyed it!

1 comment:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Aww this came out great! And I'm glad you didn't do the IV bag! haha