Saturday, May 18, 2013

Emmy and Aoife's Birthday Party

 We had Emmy's 6th and Aoife's 4th birthday party today!  We had originally planned to have the party last Friday at the park but it poured all day long and so I postponed it until today.  It was raining AGAIN but not as heavily so we had the party at the house and the kids played inside and outside and jumped on the trampoline.  It wasn't nearly as extravagant as when Brendan is here but the kids had fun, the cakes were made and the house was clean.  The kids made crowns, painted nails and made necklaces.  It's a win I'd say!  I wanted to have the parties together because it was going to be mostly the same people and I wanted to have Emmy's party before school was over and people left for vacation or camps!  I don't think the girls minded sharing - in fact they seemed to think it was cool but I know that I won't be able to get away with that for much longer!!!









Aoife wrote this at the beginning of the day - a Happy Birthday message to herself!  Evidently drawing happy faces takes the place of writing "Happy"!!  I was pretty impressed that she could write all of those letters!!

No comments: