Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Morning with Declan

 Since Declan is pretty sick still, we stayed home this morning.  I have been trying to volunteer in Aoife's class on Tuesday mornings and Emmy's class on Thursday mornings since I spend Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings at the gym.  (I joined a CrossFit gym here in Clarksville and I LOVE IT).  So far it hasn't worked out so well and I've only spent one morning in Emmy's class BUT it is only the third week in January!  I have a few months to do better!  I think I'm busier now than I was before Parent to Parent was shut down here at Fort Campbell.  I've been unemployed since 15 DEC and I haven't noticed an extra free minute - mostly because I've filled them all! 

So Declan and I just hung out this morning.  It's not something that we normally do and all of a sudden I had all of this guilt because Aidan and I did nothing BUT hang out together when he was this age!  So I got out the camera and took a few pictures.  Poor kid looks so sick and you KNOW he doesn't feel good when he won't let go of his blanket!  He usually leaves it in his crib but was insistent that it come downstairs this morning!  He also loved being able to play with the dogs!  He loves them and they are pretty gentle with him.  He would like to use them as a pillow but they don't really think that's a good idea!  If they are outside, he just stands at the door and watches them - it's the cutest thing!  Also I noticed that the dogs are really starting to look old.  Sully will be 12 this year and Murphy will be 10.  It's hard to believe they've been with us so long!!







No comments: