Monday, August 17, 2009

drowning...

I am drowning in stuff! Our household goods arrived this morning - yeah!! The movers were great - only a few things got broken on the way over - nothing important. Because we can't throw big cardboard boxes away in the trash here, I had to have the movers help me unpack pretty much everything before they left so they could take the boxes and paper with them. Here is what it looks like when everything gets taken out of the boxes and nothing is put away!
I really did a good job sorting before we left so we really don't have too much extra stuff - there is a lot in storage in Virginia! There is NO storage space here - a small garage that I don't want to fill with boxes, a small hall closet downstairs for coats and shoes and a closet in each bedroom! That's it! We only brought enough toys to fill the two shelving units we have so every toy should have a place - in a perfect world! The one thing we seem to have way too many of is coats - never knew I had so many - I think I have to donate some!! Now that we have most of our stuff - our express shipment should be here this week sometime - I will post pictures of the house once we get it set up - shouldn't take more than a day or two!

2 comments:

Rains Family said...

Good luck!! Seems very overwhelming, but it will be so nice when it's all done :) On a different note, your kitchen looks nice. It's bigger than what I imagined!

Matthew, Eve, Noah, Noelle, and Brooke said...

wow that is a lot to go through but I'm sure you'll have it all organized in no time :) Your kitchen is so nice and bright - I love it!!!