On Saturday night before Mimi left on Sunday, we had a fire in the firepit. The kids LOVED it - it was totally the highlight of their week. We toasted marshmallows and made smores - and got chocolate everywhere!! Emmy and Aoife preferred to just eat the marshmallows directly off of the sticks without roasting them but Aidan got into the cooking portion of the evening. It was so hot when we started the fire - maybe 90F - and we couldn't even sit near it but as the evening wore on we were able to enjoy it a little more.
Everyone enjoying the fire:
Aidan toasting a marshmallow - through the grate:Emmy enjoying her "smashmellow" right off the stick:Aoife - post chocolate: