Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve

 Phew!! It's Christmas Eve!  This month totally flew by and between all of the preparation for Christmas, I think I forgot to slow down and actually enjoy it.  Christmas Eve is the one thing that is calm for us - we order Chinese food and open family presents before Santa can drop off his stuff later on. We didn't always do this - for a few years the kids opened one present on Christmas Eve but then we found that their gifts to each other kind of got forgotten on Christmas morning.  So they open a gift from each of their siblings and a gift from Mommy and Daddy (something small).  Everyone is always very happy and appreciative of everything they receive!!  This year we gave them the DVD of the Nutcracker (the one on PBS that I watched as a kid).  I had these grand visions of everyone cuddled up on the couch with their hot chocolate, raptly watching the dancers on screen.  I remember being mesmerized by the Nutcracker!  I don't think it worked out exactly as I had planned - they enjoyed the hot chocolate but then seemed a bit bored by the Nutcracker.  Maybe they are a little young? It is pretty long.  In any case - we tried to establish a new tradition this year - hopefully it will hold on!





No comments: