Monday, April 18, 2011

Ruffle Cake

I made this Ruffle Cake for my friend's baby shower on Sunday. I was so sad to have to miss it. These are the tough parts of being a single mom. I had to make the hard decision and go with what was best for my kids. It broke my heart to not be at the shower but I couldn't get a sitter and after a tiring weekend there was no way I could bring the kids and expect even decent behavior. It just wouldn't have been fair to them - or the other guests at the shower!! :)

5 comments:

Everyday mom said...

Beautiful job. I love this cake and have been looking for an excuse to make it. The directions make it sound easy, was it?

Becky said...

Thanks Kim! It was really easy!! The only tips I have are to ice the cake first so the ruffles can stick and mark vertical lines about an inch to an inch and a half apart in the icing before you start ruffling. There is no way I could do them straight up and down without guides. Here is a youtube tutorial - again do what she does but mark guides - you'll be happy you did!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHYX0qXDVy0

Matthew, Eve, Noah, Noelle, and Brooke said...

BE-U-TI-FUL!!! It's just gorgeous and I'm sure it was a hit at the party! Who wouldn't want a cake like that!?

Rains Family said...

What a GORGEOUS cake Becky!!! LOVE IT!!

Becky said...

Eve and Amy - Thanks!!! I thought you would both appreciate this!!