Sunday, April 17, 2011

All Is Right With The World

Taggie is back!! On Saturday morning after breakfast we went upstairs to get everyone dressed. I had Emmy and Aoife in their room and Aunt Amanda came in to see if she could find taggie - a fresh set of eyes is sometimes all you need! We were trying to decide what everyone was going to wear and Emmy got mad about something - I think it was the fact that she had to wear warm clothes because it was cool and rainy that day. The changes in the weather have made it impossible to do the seasonal migration of clothing. Right now the kids' rooms are bursting at the seams with both winter and summer clothes. One day it's sunny and 85 degrees and the next it's rainy and 50. It's driving me crazy!
Anyway - Emmy got mad and crawled into the back of her closet to calm down. She came out a minute or so later with the princess pinata from her birthday party last year. It's one of the ones that you pull the strings and a hole opens up in the bottom. I thought it might be reusable and Emmy loved the princesses on it so we still have it. I got up to go get a hairbow from the bathroom and I'm halfway down the hall with Emmy following me when I look back to see Aoife following us - WITH TAGGIE IN HER HAND! I did a double take - I couldn't believe it! She handed it to Emmy like it was nothing and exclaimed, "Emmy taggie!!"
"Where in the world did that come from?", I asked.
"The pinata, the pinata!!!", Emmy yells, "I remember now - I put it in the pinata!"
That had to be exactly what happened. There was no way I could see it shoved inside and I must have put it into the closet when I was picking up toys and looking for taggie.
Since she seemed like she didn't care that it was missing I was a little surprised by how happy Emmy was to have taggie back. It hasn't left her hand since and she hasn't been able to nap since she doesn't want to miss spending time with taggie.
All is right with the world.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Welcome home, taggie!! You really do need to start writing picture books - Murph's Great Adventure, Taggie's Great Adventure...

Matthew, Eve, Noah, Noelle, and Brooke said...

YAY! I laughed out loud when I read that Emmy put it in the pinata. Kids are so funny!