Sunday, June 30, 2013

Goodbye Navarre :(

 We left Navarre this morning.  It was great to have my Dad to help us pack up the car - he did a much better job than I did on the way down!  My mom, the kids and I left around 10 am and we had an uneventful trip other than the kids being sad to leave and Declan being more mobile and less happy about being in the carseat than he had been on the way down.  We didn't get in until pretty late - 9:30 or so and the kids were so happy to be home.  Aoife went right upstairs and pulled all of her dress ups out and got all princessed up.  She kept saying, "Oh!  I remember these toys!"  Poor kid - it was like she had been away for a year instead of two weeks!!
It was a great vacation.  It was nice to get away from reality for a while and to have so much help and adults to talk to.  It was just what I needed.  We are 1/3 of the way through this deployment and only 2 more months until R&R.  I think we are going to make it.

No comments: