Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I'm a Writer??

I guess I HAVE been writing this blog for almost 6 years now but WOW something very cool has happened!  I decided to ask the company that I work for (Military Child Education Coalition) if I could write a few blog posts for them.  The blog on their website consisted mostly of press release type posts but the potential for posting about really important issues was huge!  They have a  big audience and since they also have Facebook pages for each Parent to Parent team, their reach was considerable.  I wrote a sample and sent it to my supervisor - this was NOT a polished draft.  She liked it so much that she sent it on up the chain and it got approved!  It actually took a few weeks for them to publish it but it's up online (there are some typos since I never got to finish proofreading!).  Here's the link!  So exciting!!

http://www.militarychild.org/blog/catching-up-on-your-childs-academic-portfolio

1 comment:

those Awesome smiths said...

You did such a fantastic job at it too! I am so excited for you!!!