Thursday, June 5, 2008

At the Pool

Two days ago we went to the pool after lunch - it doesn't open until noon so we try to get there right at 12. Aidan and Emmy had a great time - especially in the beginning when there were very few kids there! Last night we had a few big storms roll through the area. We lost power for about 8 hours - from 4 to about midnight. Aidan, Emmy and I went out to dinner since we had no power to cook, I couldn't grill because it was raining and it was pretty dark in the dining room! It was the first time that I took both of them out to a restaurant all by myself. I was pretty worried - especially about Aidan's behavior - but it turned out just fine! I guess when you have low expectations the only place to go is up! Aidan was pretty scared of going to bed in the complete dark so I had to leave a candle burning on his dresser. It was a Yankee Candle in a glass jar but I was still really scared and checked on him about every 20 minutes. He was fine but couldn't get to sleep because I kept coming in :) It is pretty funny trying to explain to a 3 year old what does and doesn't work when the power goes out! He got the lights but was having trouble understanding that the doors still worked!

No comments: