Sunday, October 4, 2009

Feeding the Ducks

Brendan was on a trip for school from last Tuesday through last Thursday night. We were getting a little bit bored having dinner without Daddy so on Thursday afternoon we took advantage of the end of the warm weather. I packed up a picnic dinner and we walked - Aidan rode his bike - over to a pond to feed the ducks and have something to eat. It turned out to be a little bit farther than I thought it was - almost 3 miles round trip - but it was nice to get outside and do something fun. Since Aidan started school, I feel like we haven't gone on as many outings as I would like. By the time we get home from school, change clothes and have a snack it's time to start thinking about dinner!
Here's Aidan with our local British phone booth:


Here are some of the kids feeding the ducks. When we first got there, there were some people with their dogs but as soon as the dogs left, the ducks came out of the water and surrounded us. The kids thought it was great - I thought it was a little strange!

1 comment:

Matthew, Eve, Noah, Noelle, and Brooke said...

terrific pictures! I love Aidan with the phone booth - do they still use them there?