Saturday, July 30, 2011

New Job!

I'm sure that you're realized that something is going on here! Nothing bad though!! I've been away in Killeen, TX just outside Fort Hood on a training trip for my new job with Military Child Education Coalition! I'm now part of Fort Cambell's Parent to Parent team. Our team of three military wives will be giving workshops in the Fort Campbell community to educate parents on how to become their child's best advocate in their educational career.
While I was in training, my mom and sister came and stayed with the kids. I am so thankful that I have such loving support. This is a fantastic opportunity for me since I will only be working 10 hours a week and it is something that I really think that will make a difference in our community.
The kids had a great time with my mom and sister and everyone was pretty sad at dinner tonight. Here are a few pictures that Laurie took while I was away. It was so nice to come home. I thought it would be nice and relaxing to be in a hotel room by myself but the truth is that I missed the kids and the chaos so much. I'm glad that the training was so good - it balanced out the guilt of being away and the pain of missing my babies.

1 comment:

The jaded blogger said...

So glad to have such great women on the Parent to Parent team! You're gonna do an awesome job :)