Monday, October 24, 2011

Notes from Aoife's Teacher

Aoife is in preschool on Fort Campbell three mornings a week. Since I'm working most of the days that she's in school I don't get to volunteer in the classroom as much as I would like. The school has set up a message board type program so the teachers can privately post notes on the children and we can respond. I thought I would share a few of Aoife's notes!

September 7, 2011

Aoife and peers were at the table doing a pom pom activity. Aoife looked on the cup and pulled out a pink pom pom and said, "pink." I said, "You're right that is pink." She pulled out a purple pom pom and said, "Purple." I said, "Right." She placed both poms in between the tweezer legs at the same time. After a few minutes she decided to dump out the pom poms and said, "I dump it out." As she dumped it, she picked up a yellow pom pom and said, "Yellow." I said, "That is yellow." She put the pom poms back in one cup and grabbed another cup. She put the pom poms back in one cup and grabbed another cup. She then proceeded to pour the pom poms from the cup to cup. She participated in this activity for twenty five minutes.

September 16, 2011

Aoife sat at the table with peers drawing with a purple crayon. She drew for a while then decided she was finished drawing and took her paper to her cubby. I asked, "Aoife do you have my crayon?" She shook her head no and came to the table. She looked for the crayon under the table and found it. She handed it to me and I said, "Thank you Aoife, for finding my crayons."

September 26, 2011

Aoife, her peers, and I were outside on the playground. We were doing a hula hoop activity. I said “Come on friends let’s jump!” Aoife and peers came over and we laid the hoops on the ground and hopped in them. Aoife jumped in six hoops with both feet. She went through the hoops then went to the end of the line and waited for her turn to jump again. She continued this activity several times before it was time to clean up the hoops. Aoife helped clean up the hoops and put them in one pile.

September 30, 2011

During circle time a caregiver asked Aoife, "Do you have a brother or a sister Aoife?" Aoife replied, "I have a sister."

October 12, 2011

Aoife was at the table counting lids with peers. She took a large plastic container and opened the lid. She put her doll inside the container and closed it. She tried to open it again but couldn't. She looked at me and said, "Help please." I opened it for her. She took her doll out and tried to put it inside a smaller container. The doll was too big for the container so she took her doll and walked away from the table.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

This is the strangest thing I've read all day, and with my job, that's saying something.
Also, I love that Aoife only owned up to having a sister. :-)

Unknown said...

Is she just trying to fill you in - she describes such random events!! Your Aoife is a sweet pea!!! :)