Sunday, July 17, 2016

Capital Sprints 10K

I don't post about running or fitness too much here but it's become a bigger and bigger part of my life in the last 3 years. On Sunday I ran a 10K to get an official time to submit for the Disney half marathon in December. You may remember that Brendan and I ran the full
Marathon 2 years ago. It wasn't the greatest thing for me. I was running injured and only ended up running 8 miles - them had to walk 18.  That was not fun.
This year I have my sights set a bit lower - the half is completely manageable. The only problem is that I've been working back from injury - AGAIN. That means limited miles and longer to recover between runs. I'm still working on strength and cardio several days a week but it's not the same as running. Anyway - I ran another 10K a few weeks ago and was pretty disappointed in my performance and time. My injury flared up during the race and I had to walk a large portion of the last 2 miles. This weekend I felt much better, ran the entire race, took 5 minutes off of my time from a few weeks ago, placed 25th overall and 6th out of 29 in my age group. (It was a small race!!). The best part was that Brendan and Declan were at the finish line!  Nothing better than that after a race - well, except maybe an ice cream cone!





No comments: